23 October, 2017

Bathroom Remodel

    My wife and I live in a smallish (what we like to call) “Tradesman's House”. We call it that because it most probably is just that. Picture yourself a worker in the construction trade a hundred or so years ago. You’re busy ten or so hours a day building rich people homes, and then in your off hours you build one for yourself. You’ve got less energy and less financial resources so you do your best with scavenged materials and what you can save. This is the sort of house we live in. 
A proud little proletariat house standing strong in a gilded bourgeois city.  

    A few weeks back Elissa and I decided to do some work on the inside of our house. We were spurred on by the confidence building we’d gotten from building the van. We started with the bathroom. All I can say is to echo my Minnesota ancestral battle cry, ‘Uffda’. 
Before I get much further in this I should remind you of a post I did a few months back called, ‘A Realistic Bed Build’. The philosophy of which simply states that if you don’t know how to do something and decide to do it anyway don’t expect perfection. I’m not trying to be ‘Bummer Betty’ or anything I’m just saying do it but keep it real. Using this as our guide we changed the sink, vanity, painted, did a floor, stripped, sanded, and repainted the cabinet and medicine cabinet.

    Elissa did most of the work while I was finishing the solar install on the van. We’re very happy with how it turned out and welcome you to the build video.

Remember keep the shiny side up.
-The Marty’s
----
 

No comments: