16 January, 2017

Two Great Announcements

Hello gang-

How are you today? I’m hoping that this finds you healthy and happy as ever!! (Notice the double exclamation point)
Well, two pretty assume things happened this week.
One I got a mention by the Minnesota Music Coalition. They liked a blog post with it’s respective song, “Grandma’s Kitchen” LINK. Two I’ve just joined forces with a local lady  to help with her grant. I can’t give away to much information on that at the moment, but I will very soon. Stay tuned here!

The Minnesota Music Coalition (LINK) is a local organization which helps to support the community of creative music makers here in Minnesota. They do wonderful things with workshops, mentoring, micro grants, and lots more. Drop by and tell them I sent you. No, you won’t be getting a discount or anything, but it’ll still be fun. http://www.mnmusiccoalition.org/

The person I am joining forces with is a talented writer, singer from Minnesota who found me and asked if I’d be able to help with her grant and goal. Which I am very excited to do. We’ve had one meeting and since that I’ve been busy at work mastering her songs.

With the beginning of the new year I think we’re all thinking and hoping somehow that it’ll be a much better one than last year. Making smallish goals that will help ourselves and the world as humanity keeps rolling along.  For instance I donate money to different organizations every year. Some of the ones I’ve donated to are Minnesota Girls Are Not For Sale, Nature, NPR (I’ve been a member for many years), and a few others.  I don’t have money coming out of my ears or anything but I figure every little bit helps, so I give what I can. I usually try to stay away from obviously political organization.  This year I’m thinking about UNICEF, and Heifer. Both are wonderful organizations which help people around the globe.

The first UNICEF is a UN organized group which helps children all over the world. They have a huge amount of information on their website. They help to immunize children of poverty in endangered situations, and educate them. There’s really so much on their website please go and learn how you can help.  https://www.unicef.org/

The second is a great place to donate because what ever amount you donate gives some family a lift in the form of a farm animal. For instance $20 dollars will give someone a flock of chickens or ducks, $120 buys a sheep, a goat, $30 will get some family honeybees. These gifts are like helping someone with a small business, because with the animals they can sell the product. Whether it’s eggs, wool, milk, or honey. It’s all explained better on their website. https://www.heifer.org/

The van comes along slowly but it comes along. I’ve just made an appointment to have the back heating and air conditioning unit taken out. I will be bringing it to a local Midas to help me get the heating and air conditioning out. It will either need for them to take the whole thing out or they did tell me that some vans have a sort of turn off valve. Now what I’m talking about is the freon which acts as the coolant. It’s very toxic to the environment, animals, and people so I’m  in favor of having them take the whole thing out. However if there is a turn off valve then I can take care of it so long as I can turn it off. I’d hate to accidentally cut one of the pipes which are holding it and spew it everywhere.
Other then that I am just starting to get the electric sorted out. Fuses, batteries, on/off switches, inverters and the like are all to be put into the van. Elissa and I are planning on building shelves, a bed, a sink, and somehow putting a toilet on board somewhere. It’ll be a marvelous adventure.
Slowly we chug along.

Well, that’s it for this week.
Have a blast in your life.

Peace and Groovitude. 

No comments: