17 October, 2016

A Semi-Finalist

Earlier this year I entered a song into this contest called, the International Songwriters Contest and was just informed that out of many thousands of people I got as far as the semi-finals. I’m a semi-finalist which is pretty cool.
The song I entered is called, ‘Horse's Ass’. The lyrics are as follows.

Horses Ass
T.A.Marty

Verse I:
I’ve got work boots sitting on the front porch
Peeling paint telling me what for
Holes in the siding holes in the roof
Rain comes in when the sun ain’t shining.

Chorus:
But the fish are biting
There’s a lawn chair waiting
Beer in the fridge
My old lady’s saying,
‘You’re so lazy.” I am lazy.

Verse II:
Might be a month might be more
Till I pick up a hammer and fix that door.
Might be a year maybe three
Till I get a brush and I fix my teeth.

Chorus:
Bridge:
If she leaves me she’ll take it all
And the lawyers will take the rest
Till I’ve got nothing. Nothing but my jeans on
And this old heart beating in my chest.

Verse III:
We’ve got a dog we’ve got a cat
We’ve got them both. What do you think about that?
She wants a horse not a horses ass
She’s got’em both. What do you think about that?

Chorus




Now, just so you know I don’t usually go for these sorts of contests, because I think it separates people instead of bringing them together. Music has always been about bringing people together whether to tell a people's folk tales, teach, or just entertain. What made me want to enter this contest? I couldn’t really tell you. I don’t know I just wanted to do it.  
Here’s a link to the contest semi-finalist thing and another link to the song which is on my reverbnation page oh and let's not forget about the iTunes buying page too.


The award page:
http://2016results.songoftheyear.com/trevormarty.htm
The song:
 https://www.reverbnation.com/trevormarty/song/25230442-horses-ass
iTunes Page:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/horses-ass/id1082522402?i=1082522408

Listen have a wonderful day and I wish you all the best. 
Trevor

No comments: