03 August, 2013

Natures Revolutionaries

A corporation .....well I'll just let this poem best describe my feelings.

I wrote this.

Natures Revolutionaries
T.A.Marty

I like the revolutionaries of nature
And the revolution-ari-ness of nature.

I am grateful for the vivaciousness of Daisies
Growing anywhere they please.
The Burr Oak
       a library of the old plains
has stood in that spot for 1200 seasons.
Bearing witness to hawks, and mice,
Compass plants, and Bluestem.

These I understand
They flow from one season to the next.
In the harshness of a burning August sun
you will find flowers.
When the plains are on fire you will find health.
This I understand.
This I feel.

I do NOT understand Corporate revolutions
They have no "flow" to their nature
They have only money and power.
Sharp edges and contrasts
glass and concrete.

Not like rain which falls gracefully
changing,  
     feeding,
everything.

I am of nature not corporation
I am of water and waves
Of thick loamy soil and dust.
One small part of many I help to
Create a sacred hoop of nature.
My blood and the rivers are the same.



No comments: