13 July, 2012

7/13/12 - RAIN

Rain on Walk Bridge T.A.Marty

7/13/12
Rain

“I can feel it in my bones”, the old folks say.
They’re talking about when the rain comes. They can feel it deep down.
I love to stand out in it when it’s falling. Soothing chapped skin, making
dusty powder dirt into a thick loam of healing soil.
The magick of the rain. I'm thinking about a nice 3 day rain. A rain
so soft and thick it reminds you of a heavy winter blanket. Lying across
your cold dry December skin.
I love the rain smacking hard on nude dusty skin.
I love taking a rain water shower in tall grasses,
I love feeling the Earths temp drop 10 degree’s or more.
I love watching the darkness rolling in from the west or the south and knowing what’s coming.
I love how all the animals in the rains path do the same things.
We all get kinda quiet wondering what it will bring.
    relief
    tragedy
    life giving and affirming water
    will it come to fast to capture and instead carve the landscape downing tree’s, houses, nests,      filling dens, and drowning cubs.
No matter we will survive, and I still love the rain.
Thick, beautiful, legs of rain water.

1 comment:

Don Shetterly - Relaxing Piano Music said...

Rain.... I love it (most of the time) except when we get 20 inches in a week from a storm. Most of the time, I love the refreshing side of it and fortunately for summertime here, it comes almost every day. Now goes and gets me some rains... :)