18 January, 2010

Minimizing

Howdy Folks

I think it's been last year since I wrote anything. Okay I know
that's a bad joke. You might even say it's old as the hills. I
have a friend that lives in the desert. He's always trying to
convince me to go out and visit. That I'd love it and I think
he's right. I'd love to go and visit him; although,
I must admit to a little fear.
What's the fear about? Not coming back of course I've been
in the mood to move lately.
Big move.
Huge move.
Nothings in my way but me kinda move.
Sell everything but a couple of guitars and go. Imagine how
refreshing that would be.
Winter and death effect me like this, and both have been around.
A friend of mine died in December. I mean the details don't
matter for the purposes of this blog. What does matter is
that I won't be meeting him again. A brilliant mind is now
somewhere else.
Ya I'm thinking of moving somewhere. How many times have you
heard yourself saying, "Dude, what are you doing here? Nothing
fits right here." We're only here for the briefest of moments so
might as well get busy.
Why not start by doing something anything really.
I've begun small I've started by getting rid of a bunch of
stuff that I have in the house.
Golly Grandma was right....once ya buy a house you become a collector of
crap. Some of it's good crap, some of it's bad crap, and
some of it's just plain ole simple crap, but the one unifying characteristic
is that it's all crap.
I remember the freedom when I was living in my van.
Nothing to stop me but me I didn't have a lot of crap back then.

Hey, whats stopping you?
What is it that you'd like to do but are making excuses?
I think this year should be a bold one. The 'Finally Doing' year.
It doesn't need to be jumping out of airplanes, or moving to the moon.
It might just be finally going through the junk drawer, finishing that
book or recycling it.
This is the year of rebirth-revitalization-rediscovering-reinventing ourselves.
Well, I shouldn't really speak for you..sorry..this is going to be
my year of all that stuff.
Damn Right!
Thanks for popping by y'all.
I'm looking forward to hanging out with everyone of you.
Peace and Good Music
Trevor

Powered by ScribeFire.

4 comments:

djay buddha said...

Hi Trevor
Going through the same as you, clearing out all the crap in my house and getting ready to move..
again.. 19 different addresses in the last 30yrs :)but it is refreshing and uplifting to ove regularly meet new people face new challenges, keeps you young...
Peace
Djay

~Melissa said...

Whoa Dude, Go for it! You are sounding like me. and it is liberating. Make it happen! If you want an ocean, find an ocean. If you want a dessert, mountains, etc, just figure it out. Sell everything, buy a van and do house concerts all over until you find "home." All my stuff is in MN and ya know, All I miss is my pottery. I will come back for it...some time. Might take a few years to get it down here, but It will happen. and if you are ever passing through SPI....you know I have a futon with your name on it!

~Melissa

Chris O'Byrne said...

You have good friends, my friend. :)

Don Shetterly - Relaxing Piano Music said...

We did that clearing out, cleaning out and moving thing a couple of years ago. Glad we did - we do miss some things and we haven't quite adjusted to other things yet but all in all, we love it. The adventure - the learning - the opportunity - now that's fine country livin to me!