01 March, 2009

Poems from a Rainbow Gathering in 1999

Howdy Folks

Happy Sunday. Where I am at right now the run is reflecting off of snow and shining through windows. I got to clean some of the old crap from around the edges of my house this weekend.
I discovered a couple of poems. Okay well a few more than two. I'm going to put 2 of them here.
These 2 were written at a Rainbow Gathering in July 1999 in the middle of a forest in Pennsylvania. To be honest it was very early in the morning and the sun was beginning to rise above the tree line. I was up and out of my make shift tepee sitting on top of the van with my typewriter.



Neither of these poems may be used with out the express permission
of the author...ya that's me.

Mecca

They are all here
past, present and future
they are all here
within thin wisps of inscence and song

Of the morning bird they sing
of constant and consistent hope they sing

How do you answer a song
      when it is sung in a different language?

Today I saw into the eyes of a titan
  an age old face
  prune like, and leathery
Today I looked into the face of a child
   a young that spoke to me of wisdom
    with her smile.

The next one has this annotated on the side.
   rainbow 99. We are 2 and a half weeks from the date we left.
   It was a Saturday.


Untitled

Pearl strung raindrops
collide and fall sliding
to a parched country road.

Quenching the dusty dry cracked psyche

A naked goddess dances.
Drowning the country lane

she sings to darkened clouds.
wishing a rainbow into  existence.


Hey I hope that you and everyone you know
has a wonderful day.

Trevor Marty

No comments: