27 February, 2017

That Sacred Bean

Today’s blog is all about coffee, and it has a video to accompany it.

Ring ring. Ring ring. It’s coffee calling, and it’s wondering why you haven’t come over an hung out recently.
According to Wikipedia coffee can trace it’s origins as far back as the 10th century, and most think it started in Ethiopia later spreading to the Middle-East and then the world.
My favorite is an Italian roast. It’s just so rich in color and flavor. However I have at times settled for a blend. My food coop has a nifty little blend it calls breakfast blend and it is well thought of.

How about a momentary bit of a digression? Once upon a time I had a gig at a smallish coffee joint in the Twin Cities area. It was a small place near the border of Minneapolis and St. Paul a sort of no man's land. Part of the payment was a pound of coffee and they had this lovely blend called...are you ready for this? It was called, ‘Obama Blend’. It was a mix of Hawaiian Kona with a lovely Kenyan. It was the best!!! It was also expensive so it was good that it was part of the gig payment.

I have a French Press at home which I use with religious vigor every morning. Did you know it was patented in 1929 by an Italian fellow named, Attilio Calimani? Pretty cool huh?
The sound of the grinder buzzing away accompanying the musical sound of the tea pot bringing the water to a boil really perks me up.

In this video though I am using a Bialetti six cup cappuccino maker. It cooks on the stove top and is super. You really must get one.
Here it is the video where you get to watch me making cappuccino. Ah sort of. 

No comments: