19 September, 2016

Baked Oatmeal, The Dead, & Hope

     How about a little history lesson a personal one. Don’t worry it won’t be anything you’ll get embarrassed about. (You’ve got to pay extra for that kind of thing.) First off I adore oatmeal. I like the kind that takes forever to cook and I like the kind in the little round box, and I abhor the kind that comes in the small package for the microwave. The best way to cook it, as you well know, is on the stove top. I’m not to sure where this taste culinary fixation started (I was going to use the word fetish but changed my mind) but I am glad it’s here and I am unashamed.

    Oatmeal is truly one of life’s great joy’s. I love how it stands in the bowl, or the spoon fluffy and proud of this it’s one great accomplishment. However, I am here to tell you there are many other ways to have it. What follows is my own adventure into this realm of ‘oatmeal awareness’.

     A few years ago I went on a trip to Sweden. It’s a wonderful country full of beautiful people and landscapes. While there the first meal I had was ‘Baked Oatmeal’. It came to symbolize hope, and adventure to me because of the moment I had it. Now let's fast forward to this year when someone I work with brought in a small portion of their own recipe for me to try. They were both so wonderfully different that I decided to make my own and I made a video out of it too. The video is below. 


No comments: