08 February, 2016

Iron & Rust Dreams & Dust (A new project from Trevor Marty)

Here’s a blog entry.
The CD’s came. I have been wanting to get another disc out for a few years only life kept getting in the way. It very nearly happened again. “Iron & Rust Dreams & Dust” has been born and I am marketing it around and looking for bookings for the summer season.
Here’s the song list which you will notice contains two covers. I chose these two covers, because I love the songs. One is a newer (for me) tune that I learned called, ‘Trouble In Mind’. Now, by new I don’t mean that it was recently written. It pretty old in that way. I just mean that it’s new for me. The other song is from an old friend of mine who’s no longer with us. I love his music and think it should keep going, so I covered one of his songs. That one is ‘I’m Not Laughing Now’ by Cam Waters. It’s a wonderfully written song. Here’s the song list.
  1. Horses Ass - Trevor Marty
  2. Grow Slow - Trevor Marty
  3. Back At It Again - Trevor Marty
  4. 99% - Trevor Marty
  5. Bird Feeder Rag - Trevor Marty
  6. Better To Bend - Trevor Marty
  7. Jealousy Lake - Trevor Marty
  8. Grandma’s Kitchen - Trevor Marty
  9. Teller Of Tales - Trevor Marty
  10. Trouble In Mind- Richard M. Jones
  11. I’m Not Laughing Now - Cam Waters

This disc was mostly recorded in one week at McLooney Tunes in Winona, Mn. by Annie McLoone and Tom Moncrieff who also produced it. They are great friends, wonderful people, and you will love what they do for your music. Here’s their website http://www.mclooneytunes.com/

Karie O’berg played an Irish Whistle and sang on Back At It Again, Tom Moncrieff played on a number of tracks, and Simone Perrin played accordion on Jealousy Lake.

All in all it’s probably the best project I’ve done so far. I’m very proud of what we’ve accomplished.
Here’s a little link to the soundcloud of the tunes. If you have a liking for them you can always buy them. I will be playing shows this summer, and you can get them at the shows or you can also get them online.
or buy them here.

Wishing you all the best.

Trevor Marty  
PS Here is a video of the unboxing of the discs. 


No comments: