28 March, 2014

Winter, Mud, Spring


Winter doesn’t seem to be letting go. The heat still turns on, the bill’s still high, and the snow’s still big as ever. ***sigh***. I want flowers so I go to the store and get them. If you came to my house you’d see a new bunch sitting in a vase prettifing (yes that’s a word. I just made it up.) the place.  A friend told me at our gig last night that she wasn’t to sure which season she liked more the ‘Mud season’ or the Winter one. I thought that was funny. Spring in the Minnesota is a lot like that. It’s considered the mud season. Thick rich soil thawing out and refreezing overnight. Water standing on the ice that’s still there and refreezing overnight. Ah Springtime. It’s actually a wonderful time mostly it’s just the beginning is rather messy, so here’s to Spring in all of it’s rich, messy, glory.

No comments: