04 January, 2012

PURPLE

1/4/12
Purple

What do I write about purple?
Well, what can one write about it?
I mean really. It’s just purple right?
It’s not the color of earth with her lovely deep browns, greens, and blues.
It’s not the dark color of the heavens which Earth is snuggles into so nicely.
It’s just purple.
That’s not to say that it isn’t a wonderful color filled with brilliance and luminosity.
That’s not to say that it isn’t a good color.
Deep down.
I guess what Im really trying to say or rather what I’m not trying to do is be abussive, divisive, and/or down the person of Purple. I’m sure purple has a beautiful soul filled with all sorts of hugs and kisses and every other sort of lovely smelly thing.
No, no not that at all. I guess what I’m trying to say is simply that purple could try a little harder to ‘fit in’ don’t ya think? What happens when you stack several color’s next to one another? The purple one sticks out and say’s, “Look at me! Look at me!” Come on purple there ARE other colors here besides you, and they need loving too.
Now don’t go and get all sulky. Just go and give the drown and the green crayon a hug and start a scrabble game. I’ll be in in a minute.

2 comments:

T. Edward Harper said...

It's fun to watch you branch out in your writing. I like how you made this playful and humorous while keeping a non-preachy message in the background as well. Good job.

trevormarty said...

Thanks Man.