21 June, 2009

Just thinking


Just Thinking


Wanda- "I like rainy dreary day's. They remind me of my time on the island.
It's funny," she continued "cause I hated it when I was there. A little
time and some growing up, and suddenly I realize just how lucky I was."

Grandma- "Why are you always talking like your some kind of wise old sage."
"I mean christ Wanda you're only 45 years old. You should just
go out and have some fun. Pick the best looking man you can find
and get him in the sack."

Wanda- "Grandma! Life isn't just about sex you know."

Grandma- "Maybe not for you, but at my age all i can do is remember.
You know it dries up after awhile of not being used."

Wanda- "La la la la la!!! Im not listening to you"
[puts fingers in her ears and prances around the room like a pony]
Wanda- "Grandma come on. Don't you ever want to listen to that
internal voice crying out for introspection. [puts her hands
on her hips dramiticaly]

Grandma- "No I told you there's plenty of time for that once
your dead. And you should stop acting like it. Jeez you just
mope around all day. Don't you realize how lucky you are?"

Wanda- "All right here we go again changing the subject
back to me when you know we were talking about you.
What are we going to do about the rent grandma? That's
why i brought this stuff up in the first place."

Grandma- "I told you what I think we should do. I want
to go to that island you mentioning. I don't know why you're
so hesitant to go. Is it the accident? You couldn't have helped
that. It wasn't you're fault honey."
[walks over to her and puts her hand on Wanda's back as Wanda
around. back facing the audience.]

Wanda- "I know. I do still think about it. I can't keep her
face out of my mind. Jossey still haunts me, and I think
it's mostly because of the fight we had just before she took
off."

Grandma- "Now I know for sure we have to go there. Book the tickets,
and call that weird aunt of yours. We'll need a place to stay."

===================================

Wanda knew that tone. The first time she heard it was
when she was 13 and had just burnt down the shed. Her
grandma had used it when she told her to get the belt
out of the drawer. They were going to the island, and
there was nothing she could do about it.
==================================

Howdy Folks-
That was kinda fun...I think I might just finish that.
It looks like a neato kinda thing.
June is a busy month for me both gigging and around the
house. Before I forget I should tell you that I'm playing
at the Macho Nacho bar and grill here in Rochester, Mn.
on the 29th. I'll be there from 7 till 11 so please come
on down.
Thursdays on First has started again this year and the video
included here is of a show I did on the main stage on the 18th
of the month. Be sure to come down and help support this sort
of thing in Rochester. Maureen and I will be busking a bunch
down there this year.
Have a great week.
Trevor



1 comment:

~Melissa said...

I love the story....just a snippet of someones life!